Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/09/2017, 11:14 PM   #1
danromero87
Registered Member

danromero87-romulu87 NUVO 10

Well, got around to setting up my wife’s 10 gallon. Had a 7 gallon Jbj that I upgraded to a Nuvo 10. I am very impressed with this little guy. I can’t wait to start adding corals. Very eager to see and hear what you guys recommend regarding live stock and corals

Specs:
Tank: Nuvo 10
Lighting: Kessil A350W
Flow: Sicce Voyager nano 1000
Filtration: live rock, IM Media basket- filter floss and Chemi pure nano
Heater: Cobalt 75 watt
Top off: Smart ATO micro

Current live stock:
Two black ice extreme clown fish
One Dwarf blue leg Hermit

Corals:
Green star polyp
Keds Red Zoanthid
Unidentified Zoanthid ( for now)

Would like opinions and suggestions, anything to help the progression would be much appreciated. I recognize the Kessil is a bit overkill and would like to hear your perspective. Looking into a nano glass skimmer and or a nano media reactor next. This tank is next to my bed on my night stand so noise level is a concern ( for my wife).

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0108.jpg (51.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0109.jpg (69.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0105.jpg (26.5 KB, 14 views)
danromero87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2017, 09:08 AM   #2
K-Dubbs
Registered Member

Looks nice, I like the clowns coloration!
I have a similar set up with a Nuvo 10 that I just got running and thread is here if you feel like checking it out:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...1#post24743861

I'm about to go hunting for some nice corals myself today probably some zoas or mushrooms. Also keeping my eye out for a nice euphyllia (probably torch) for my clowns. I will also be upgrading the lighting as the Skkye light that came as part of the kit doesn't put out as much as I will probably need in the long run, and I've already ordered the AI Prime.

One thing about the nano size is you have to be really picky with what you get as the real estate is so small. I have to have more self control then usual in the store when I see stuff I like! I've promised myself that I will be really picky when it comes to corals, and that I will most likely only buy frags.

I've debated with myself whether or not to get a torch coral (or something similar) for my clowns to host in, as with the feeder tentacles that they have it will probably take up a lot of space. Ultimately though I want my clownfish to have a happy home so will have to work around it the best I can and find a good spot for it!

I wish you the best of luck with your tank and coral selections!

Current Tank Info: 10g Nuvo fusion reef

Last edited by K-Dubbs; 12/10/2017 at 09:17 AM.
K-Dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cobalt neo-therm, kessil 350, nuvo 10g, sicce, smart ato micro