Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/08/2018, 02:10 PM   #1
kiMxD
Registered Member

Exclamation Orchid Dottyback - Fin rot + Ich?

Hello Guys!

I am new to this forum, for couple weeks I've been reading topics here but today I've decided to join the community because I have a problem.

I have an orchid dottyback in my 75g reef tank along with 4 blue danzels, 1 three stripe danzel, 1 goby firefish, 1 Lawnmower Orange Spotted and a yellow tang. My dottyback has ich, which I've been treating the water and the food (in the whole DT) with metroplex + focus for 4 days now. But, recently I realized he might have contracted fin rot as well, so last night I've started treating the whole DT with KanaPlex as well.

Before you tell me that, I'd like to say that I heard from different sources/LFS's that they treat their systems as a whole, instead of quarantining sick fish, reason why I've decided to do the same.

My questions are:
1-) do you think the way I am treating my system (the dottyback is the only one visibly sick so far) in an effective way?

2-) should I keep this treatment?

3-) are there any other type of drugs (reef safe) that you'd suggest?

Some useful information (please don't judge my lack of patience):
Reef tank set up: 4 weeks ago;
75 gallons;
40 gallons sump with skimmer and refugium for copepods;
2 hydras 600gph pumps;
Ammonia levels at 0 and nitrite at very low percentage (don't remember now);
Using Stability EVERYDAY since the tank was set up (at the first week I've used Prime as well);

Useful information about the dottyback:
He has been eating (as well the rest of the fish) the treated food normally, no signs of rejection at all, he loves it (mix of brine shrimp, flakes, spirulina and mysis shrimp);

His belly is in good shape, doesnt look bloated neither skinny;

He does scratches himself against the substrate/rock/shells SOMETIMES, this is getting better after I started the treatment...

Sorry for the long post, I appreciate your help!

kiMxD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dottyback, ich, kanaplex, metroplex, velvet