Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tampa Bay Saltwater
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/24/2015, 10:18 PM   #1
platypusklr
Registered Member

Going with TBS

As outlined in my signature, my tanks have been a source of not just amusement but real help. I will begin my next tank when i get home from korea next febuary. There is a reason its going to have Jeff's filtration(lifereef) and Richards rock! Cant wait to pack up a 120 with this stuff and sit in wonder again. I know without a doubt reefing can induce stress.....and even shock! Its all worth it when you walk through the door after a long day/week......or year and have something to calm you down. My tank serves almost like a cooling system. After about 10 minutes of watching a lawnmower blenny i am right as rain, and a better Soldier/father/husband afterwords. Looking forward to working with TBS in the future!

My tank saved my life. It was truly the best cure for the daily thoughts, and nightly dreams of a troubled Soldier.

Current Tank Info: Tankless for the next couple years until my Army Career comes to a close! (20 years going strong)
platypusklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/25/2015, 05:40 AM   #2
brewman1987
Registered Member

Amen I couldn't agree more with it being a stress relief. I am not a soldier so as far as that stress and what you've seen I have not. But I have been working in EMS for about 6 years for my full time career. I have seen many horrors what regular public should not and experience overwhelming stress at times, going to a call with not knowing what to expect and having your heart rate jump from normal to tachy. I also find my tank to be relaxing after a long day at work along with my other hobbies.

One more thing thank you for your service, stay safe and come home!

Dan

Current Tank Info: 40breeder w/ 20 sump, Tbs package, some clowns from my old tank , inverts and corals
brewman1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/27/2015, 03:48 AM   #3
platypusklr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewman1987 View Post
Amen I couldn't agree more with it being a stress relief. I am not a soldier so as far as that stress and what you've seen I have not. But I have been working in EMS for about 6 years for my full time career. I have seen many horrors what regular public should not and experience overwhelming stress at times, going to a call with not knowing what to expect and having your heart rate jump from normal to tachy. I also find my tank to be relaxing after a long day at work along with my other hobbies.

One more thing thank you for your service, stay safe and come home!

Dan
Im glad im not the only one! I did ride alongs with AMR during EMT-B school in 2005. Talk about a moral and physically stressful job. Its a hell of alot more than people realize or appreciate. Especially when dudes with BFPs come around....lol. Thanks for your service!

My tank saved my life. It was truly the best cure for the daily thoughts, and nightly dreams of a troubled Soldier.

Current Tank Info: Tankless for the next couple years until my Army Career comes to a close! (20 years going strong)
platypusklr is offline   Reply With Quote