Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/22/2021, 12:53 PM   #1
socal55
Registered Member

Help with ATI 4 tube 36" T5 fixture (SunPower???)

My problem is this: I am due for bulb replacement, but when I change to the new bulbs, 2 ATI Coral Plus, 1 ATI Blue Plus, 1 Korallen Coral Light SuperBlue, they won't start. They will sometimes light for 5 sec, go out, then relight for another 5 sec, before going out again and not relighting, when a bulb is turned a bit in the fixture. The new bulbs are in the same locations (and orientation) as the old ones. If I put the old bulbs back in, they all work fine. What might be going on? Thanks in advance for any help.

socal55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/22/2021, 02:59 PM   #2
outssider
Registered Member

start with the old bulbs. Replace one at a time with the new bulbs. one of your new bulbs may be bad. process of elimination ......some fixtures will not work at all if one bulb is bad. When you locate the bad bulb, notify the company that you bought them from......they will most likely send you out a new bulb.

Current Tank Info: 75 Gal. Mixed reef mostly sps
outssider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/29/2021, 04:15 AM   #3
fishgate
Registered Member

Do all 4 work on the same light button/circuit? I have the ATI T5 60" 4 bulb fixture and it is 2 sets of 2.

120g in-wall, 40B Sump, PC 54wx4, Jabao DC-6000 (full siphon), future seahorse t

Current Tank Info: 125g, 120g, 2x40b sumps, ATI 4x80 T5HO
fishgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/15/2021, 06:35 PM   #4
socal55
Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion. That was one of my thoughts, to replace one bulb at a time and see what happens. I know that during the previous replacement, I had to juggle which socket I used for each replacement bulb. The fixture seemed to be most sensitive to the location of the blue plus bulbs.

Yes, my fixture is similar, two circuits of two bulbs each.

socal55 is offline   Reply With Quote