Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/15/2021, 11:33 AM   #26
mms_citrus
Registered Member

https://imgur.com/gallery/Zxnu2sy

the eel on the prowl

mms_citrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/28/2021, 12:53 PM   #27
mms_citrus
Registered Member

New skimmer came in yesterday. Bubble magus curve 9 elite. Got my dosing pump installed. Carbon dosing is back up. I’ve always used vodka. I’m gonna try vinegar this time. I go to the grocery store way more than I go to the liquor store.

Unread 07/28/2021, 12:53 PM   #28
mms_citrus
Registered Member

https://imgur.com/gallery/rbUEFxz

Unread 12/17/2021, 09:50 PM   #29
Reef_Paddy
Registered Member

Any updates? Its been a while...

Reef_Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/03/2022, 01:46 AM   #30
mms_citrus
Registered Member

I’ll have some pics upcoming. I’m working on the sump. I reused my old sump to get up and running and because I ran out of money basically. I’m building the new one now and hope to have it completed next week. I changed my lighting out. I don’t know if I posted that or not. I’m adding apex leak detection to my setup. It’s on order. I’m probably gonna get a new skimmer. Just bite the bullet and buy something…..expensive lol. This bubble magus is pretty wild. It’ll flow a couple quarts one night. Flooded my living room this evening. Not like end of the world but a couple gallons. I have the skimmer draining into a 3 gallon container. Normally takes a couple weeks to fill up but it went wild tonight. I thought I had it tuned but I don’t know anymore lol. And I’m not real happy with my return pump. Bash Jebao products all you want but I’ve run a jebao return pump for like 7 years. Never had a problem. Ran one for my downdraft protein skimmer for same timeframe. Never failed. So I upgraded to one of the newest models variable speed and all that, the old ones were variable speed also, and I have lots of display tank level issues now. Running the same full siphon 1” drain and 1” emergency that I’ve always run. Every couple days I’m adjusting the stupid drain gate valve. So I’m probably gonna replace it and revamp the plumbing when I do the new sump. The livestock is doing really well. My snowflake went on a food strike and decided to eat some fish. Ate my royal gramma that I had for like 8 years. Found the front half of my baby floating on the bottom. Gills still pumping. I almost broke the reef down then and there to make some eel tempura rolls. Bit half my mandarins head off, had that fish like 6 years. Would eat pellets and everything. I’ll never find another like it. I tried everything with that’ll, rotten mfer. It was like 3 months before he ate “normal” food again. He’s back to eating all the foods he used to and is mostly leaving the fish alone. I see one missing a piece of tail every once in a while but that’s been kind of standard in this tank for the last 5 years lol. I took out my urchins and tossed them into the fuge. I don’t know if they still live or not. Prior to this rebuild I never kept any sps. I think they were eating it. One night half of my encrusting corals got eaten. I’m vodka dosing like I do. Nitrates are down around 3. I don’t really bother with any other tests. They always read pretty much 0ish. I’m fighting some, what I classify as, excessive algae growth. Green hair on the rocks. Grows on the glass pretty fast. Seems like it’s a faster growth rate than I remember. I figure it’ll work itself out. I’ll roll some updates out over the next few weeks