Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/06/2016, 12:03 PM   #1
acesq
Registered Member

Rd3 150w

RE announced on facebook the new RD3 150 W pump and the German website says it is available for purchase. When will it be available in the US? I need a new return pump and this looks like it will be better suited (and a few hundy cheaper) than the 230W. I have two of those for my closed loop and absolutely love them, but I don't need that kind of power for my return.

Unread 04/06/2016, 01:34 PM   #2
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesq View Post
RE announced on facebook the new RD3 150 W pump and the German website says it is available for purchase. When will it be available in the US? I need a new return pump and this looks like it will be better suited (and a few hundy cheaper) than the 230W. I have two of those for my closed loop and absolutely love them, but I don't need that kind of power for my return.

Good question.. It's likely going to be a couple months before they arrive in the states. There is a possibility of a few coming in with the next shipment that will be arriving sometime next month but we haven't received the packing slip for that shipment yet.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/06/2016, 06:26 PM   #3
ReefClownMIA
RC Sponsor

I am hoping to have a BOL and packing slip for the next shipment, at this point the 150w pumps are slated to be on this shipment.
We have been hesitant to make an announcement about these pumps as we do not yet have them in our warehouse... We'll update on this soon.

Current Tank Info: RS Reefer 450
ReefClownMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/06/2016, 08:04 PM   #4
acesq
Registered Member

Could you let me know when you have one for sale?

Unread 04/06/2016, 08:34 PM   #5
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesq View Post
Could you let me know when you have one for sale?
Will do.. That said, I'm surprised you aren't going with the 230 so you have 3 of the same pumps. Even if you have to run it at a lower speed. I run 2 of the 230's myself. One on my closed loop and one on my return. Neither run anywhere near full speed. That said, I keep a Superdart Gold as my spare pump. After all, that's what these pumps replaced. If my return pump ever failed, I could easily swap the closed loop over the return and run the dart in the closed loop spot. Granted, I could also run the Dart in the return spot too. Then again, I could easily swap my closed loop for the 150 and keep a 230 as a spare and sell my Superdart which is near new. Hmmmm. Maybe not. No need to spend the money and these 230's seem to be bullet proof. No point in messing with a good thing. It's fun to taunt myself though!

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/07/2016, 12:23 PM   #6
acesq
Registered Member

You're probably right, and the decision will come down to the price difference, but I'm feeling frugal right now!