Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/15/2021, 10:41 PM   #26
mikale44
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikale44 View Post
Hello! After almost 2 years I’m upgrading my tank to 420 gallon tank. My current fish and the new ones will be:
Black Tang
Gem Tang
Koi Tang
Purple Tang
Goldrim Tang
Naso Tang
16 Anthias
2 clownfish
2 bluethroat triggers
Melanurus Wrasse
Flame Angel
Potters Angel
Mystery Wrasse
Spotted Mandarin
Blue Flasher Wrasse
Flame Hawkfish
Mckosser flasher wrasse
Midas Blenny

I still have my DC 200 but I don’t know if it’s too small. I’m thinking of upgrading to Supermarin 200. What are your thoughts on this? Should de DC200 still enough?
I’m also considering the Supermarin 250 or the Deluxe 200. Please your advice. Thanks everyone

mikale44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/17/2021, 09:55 AM   #27
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikale44 View Post
I’m also considering the Supermarin 250 or the Deluxe 200. Please your advice. Thanks everyone
I think the Deluxe 200 or Deluxe 250 would be a better choice then the SM250 though an SM200 would also work. I wouldn’t recommend the SM250 for anything under a 400 gallon heavily stocked main display. That means 1/2” of fish per display gallon or roughly 200” of fish. Even then, the Supermarins are designed primarily for wet skimming where as the Deluxe will wet and dry skim well meaning you will have the ability to fine tune it much better. With your proposed load, the 200 Deluxe would work great but given the ability to fine tune the Deluxe better, even the 250 would be a bit more flexible with varying loads. If your planning on using a fleece filter of any sort, then I would definitely lean towards the 200 vs a 250.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/17/2021, 11:09 AM   #28
bape47
Registered Member

I have 180 gallon tank with light load now which model bbk should i get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bape47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2021, 09:59 AM   #29
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bape47 View Post
I have 180 gallon tank with light load now which model bbk should i get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How light is your load? How many fish and what size? Fleece or no fleece?

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote