Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > LPS Keepers > LPS Identification
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/26/2016, 05:27 PM   #1
Aathen06
Registered Member

Question CORAL I.D. Help

The LFS was having an amazing deal on coral frags recently. I wasnt thinking to examine them thoroughly, ask what species they are, care requirements, temperament, etc. Now I'm left with two coral frags that I don't know exactly what they are, how to care for them, and just general information I typically educate myself on before making a purchase. I guess my excitement got the better of me that day. Never again. I keep moving them to different spots in tank every other day, varying water flow and light intensity and watching to see where they are happiest. I haven't found a definitive spot yet. Any help identifying and providing tid-bits of information would be greatly appreciated. They look like they will be beautiful when fully colonized, I would hate to lose them.

Not sure it's relevant, but I have a 75 Gallon soon-to-be mixed Reef with the Chinese Black Box 300W LED's. My blues are set only at 30% at the moment and the whites are at 15%. Planning to slowly ramp them up to at least 60% over the next few months.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1367.jpg (69.8 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1366.jpg (64.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1396.jpg (76.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1398.jpg (72.5 KB, 31 views)
Aathen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/26/2016, 05:36 PM   #2
AlSimmons
Registered Member

The first one looks like a Goniopora. The second one is an Acanthastrea enchinata I believe.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...464&pcatid=464

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...83&pcatid=2983

AlSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/25/2017, 11:23 AM   #3
tljokerst
Registered Member

Any update on how these guys are doing?

tljokerst is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
corals, frag, identification