Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/03/2006, 02:48 PM   #1
DAW1906
Registered Member

Stop Parasites by Chem Marin AND MARINE ICH

HAS ANYONE EVER USED THE Stop Parasites by Chem Marin FOR TREATING MARINE ICH AND OR MARINE VELVET? WHAT RESULTS DID YOU HAVE? ANY ADVERSE EFFECTS ON YOUR INVERTS OR CORALS? I THINK I AM IN THE BEGINNING STAGES OF A FULL TANK EXPLOSING OF MARINE ICH AND HAVE NO WAY TO TREAT EACH FISH INDAVIDUALLY IN A QUARINTINE TANK. I NEED AN EFFECTIVE FULL TANK TREATMENT. ANY THOUGHT WOULD BE GREAT.

DAW1906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/04/2006, 07:27 AM   #2
Steven Pro
Registered Member

Re: Stop Parasites by Chem Marin AND MARINE ICH

Quote:
Originally posted by DAW1906
HAS ANYONE EVER USED THE Stop Parasites by Chem Marin FOR TREATING MARINE ICH AND OR MARINE VELVET? ANY ADVERSE EFFECTS ON YOUR INVERTS OR CORALS?
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-12/sp/index.php

Current Tank Info: Twelve 600 gallon tubs located in a greenhouse
Steven Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/28/2011, 10:45 PM   #3
preacher59
Registered Member

i am new to this game i a got a 55 g salt water and i need to get some coral lights so
i can put some in need 48"s if anyone has some let me know please maybe we can work somthing out thanks

preacher59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/29/2011, 06:17 AM   #4
jcmjoe
Registered Member

My friend, I am no expert but I have tried all the "invert safe" Ich treatmants and none of them have worked for me. There are lots of Sticky's on this subject. With the money you spend on Rid ICh, Ich X, Stop Parasites etc,,,, you could probably pick up a cheap 10 or 20 gallon tank and hob filter, heater etc..and set up a quarantine tank, treat the fish with Cupramine and leave the Display tank fallow for 8 weeks. Thats the only thing that really works. Then quarantine any new fish before putting it into your DT. Good Luck

jcmjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/29/2011, 07:30 AM   #5
MrTuskfish
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAW1906 View Post
HAS ANYONE EVER USED THE Stop Parasites by Chem Marin FOR TREATING MARINE ICH AND OR MARINE VELVET? WHAT RESULTS DID YOU HAVE? ANY ADVERSE EFFECTS ON YOUR INVERTS OR CORALS? I THINK I AM IN THE BEGINNING STAGES OF A FULL TANK EXPLOSING OF MARINE ICH AND HAVE NO WAY TO TREAT EACH FISH INDAVIDUALLY IN A QUARINTINE TANK. I NEED AN EFFECTIVE FULL TANK TREATMENT. ANY THOUGHT WOULD BE GREAT.
I'm afraid you're not going to find what you're looking for. The product in your post has been around for a while and is just a slime-coat enhancer and hot-pepper combination. I've never heard of it working; but I'm sure it may have done something for someone, somewhere. The search for a reef-safe parasite cure is a very common topic at RC and I have never heard of one that has any degree of long-term, successful use. More bad news: you can't treat fish one at a time. the only way to cure ich or velvet is with all fish in a QT and letting the DT remain fishless for 8+ weeks. If this is velvet, you don't have much time. Using a QT with all new livestock prevents these tank disasters.

Steve

Current Tank Info: 180, 2-240 FOWLRs, 240 reef
MrTuskfish is offline   Reply With Quote