Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Marineland
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/22/2019, 04:42 PM   #1
prior20
Registered Member

150g Tall FAILURE

It’s been one week since the seam failed on my tank. Had to have emergency water evacuation and almost had an electrical fire as well. Luckily all livestock was recovered before the tank was entirely empty but I will have to replace my floors. I’m waiting to hear back from Marineland in hopes that they will step up. Came here to see if others had similar issues and apparently so but no reps here to help. Posting this here for others to see in case they are considering purchasing a large Marineland aquarium.

prior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/22/2019, 04:55 PM   #2
Yin_Yang247
Registered Member

If your insurance doesn't cover it then try your best to get the manufacture to help out or at least supply a new tank.
What part of the tank did it leak?
Did you eliminate all possible factors that it was due to transport or installation errors from not being evenly supported or imbalanced support structure?

Yin_Yang247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/22/2019, 05:36 PM   #3
prior20
Registered Member

It was leaking from the bottom and no visible cracks so I assume the seal failed. The tank was level and running for nearly 4 years with no prior issues.

prior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/20/2019, 09:40 PM   #4
PCguy21
Registered Member.

Ive heard of the top fin and marineland 4 foot 150s leaking within a year or less.. and its always from the bottom.

Sorry you went through this... its a shame too marineland own perfecto... and perfecto made some beast tanks in the day. I dread if my 135 were to ever leak.. i had a 44g pentagon leak 15 to 20 gallons and it did alot of damage.. i could only imagine 150 gallons

PCguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote