Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself > The R3CA Project
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/27/2010, 08:01 PM   #1
slumpysix
Registered Member

Jnior Controller

I came across a couple of these and was wondering if anyone thinks it can be utilized as a controller for a reef tank. It was running in a movie theater (preshow)-(intermission music) but with another company taking over the preshow stuff, these are being tossed.... looks promising if I can get into it to put it back to factory defaults.

http://www.integpg.com/jnior/ethernet_io.aspx

Attached Images
File Type: jpg jniorangle.jpg (53.7 KB, 87 views)
slumpysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/26/2010, 05:39 AM   #2
mcgyvr
Registered Member

old post but I'll answer. The short answer is NO. Unless everything you will be switching runs at 30V or lower as thats all they list for contact ratings on the relays.

Unread 03/21/2011, 04:38 PM   #3
slumpysix
Registered Member

Well not bringing this back to life but I have a working controller with relays operating all my lights including my breeder tanks. Also have a wave function working 2 powerheads. My boss was kind enough to let me have one and I am putting it to use. I'll have to gather some pictures up and post them. I'd like to setup an auto top off/water change with it but thats gonna require some cash to get all the components together.

Unread 03/23/2011, 06:37 PM   #4
slumpysix
Registered Member

Here are a few pics as to what I started with. I have added more relays but don't have those pics yet. 1st one is of the controller. Ethernet connected and the lighted outputs as what is running at the moment.

2nd is the relay box for the 75. Controlling the lights. I added the wave function relays in there but now I have to look for better powerheads to have the on/off pulse. The cheap ones I have in there now don't seem to like it that much.

3rd pic is the light controller on my breeder tanks. Runs the PC lighting and the phyto culture lighting. After those turn off I have a refuge light that is on thru the night.

Unread 03/11/2019, 01:46 PM   #5
bscloutier
Registered Member

Just noticed this reference to the JNIOR. It is certainly a viable controller here. Hell it is used to control systems monitoring smoke stack emissions, railroad trackside equipment (like the tram in Vegas), aspects of people movers in airports, and, yeah, there are a lot in digital cinema.

I have been without aquariums for quite a while and have been thinking about getting back into it with a system to control CO2 and pH as well as other things. Was going to use the JNIOR (since I developed it). I could use some help in that.

Here are useful links if you are interested in this controller: https://www.integpg.com http://www.jnior.com

bscloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/08/2020, 03:45 PM   #6
Adam1988
Registered Member

i would have said no also if hasen't already been answered

Adam1988 is offline   Reply With Quote