Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/20/2016, 12:25 PM   #1
pacificdiver
Registered Member

Can I use two 10G tanks for TTM with this stock?

I have 6 small fish that need to be "de-iched." Only one is showing signs, but I know what's coming. Can I do TTM with two 10G aquariums, if I dose Amquel every other day and Stability every day during treatment? Or should I get larger containers? I'd like to use what I have and keep it simple, but if needed, I can get larger containers of some sort. Thanks in advance.

Stock
2 ocellaris (1.5" and 1.75")
2 chromis (1.5")
Royal Gramma (1.75")
Yellow Wrasse (2")

pacificdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2016, 12:38 PM   #2
scooter31707
Registered Member

I think you may be ok. Just have to keep an eye out for ammonia and make necessary water changes when needed.

scooter31707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2016, 12:45 PM   #3
Brieninsac
Registered Member

Yes, as long as you stay up on your water changes.

Unread 12/20/2016, 01:16 PM   #4
jmcdaniel0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificdiver View Post
I have 6 small fish that need to be "de-iched." Only one is showing signs, but I know what's coming. Can I do TTM with two 10G aquariums, if I dose Amquel every other day and Stability every day during treatment? Or should I get larger containers? I'd like to use what I have and keep it simple, but if needed, I can get larger containers of some sort. Thanks in advance.

Stock
2 ocellaris (1.5" and 1.75")
2 chromis (1.5")
Royal Gramma (1.75")
Yellow Wrasse (2")

Yes you should be fine. Keep up on the water changes and testing. Good luck with the Ich treatment.

jmcdaniel0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2016, 01:48 PM   #5
Fiver
Registered Member

Just a thought: I've used two tanks for TTM for new fish before, and recently lost a fish when a heater went beserk and boiled the water. Due to the need to dry everything out between each use, each setup is only running for a day before the fish are introduced.

I was thinking to myself that in the future, I would set up three tanks at once so that each has a good amount of time to stabilize before fish are introduced. (Three tanks and not four, b/c by the time I needed to do the last transfer the first tank would have had time to dry and run for more than one day.)

I know that in my case it was equipment failure, but if I had set up the tanks all at once I would have had time to spot/fix heater/equipment issues.

Those are just my thoughts. Good luck.

Fiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2016, 02:11 PM   #6
pfan151
Registered Member

I would just do the transfers more often. I'd probably transfer every other day and feed very lightly. I'd also get a ranco controller for the heater to be safe.

pfan151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/21/2016, 09:33 AM   #7
scooter31707
Registered Member

You could do the 2,2,2,2,2,2 transfer plan, if the water parameter will be concerning for you.

scooter31707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/21/2016, 09:40 PM   #8
neiltus
Registered Member

I think you will be fine, watch your feeding...I would draw it out as long as possible so there is not a lot of waste. Maybe consider a seachem ammonia alert or pair of them. Keep some prime handy JIC.

2/3 days is not much time for a NH4 buildup. I have a messy wrasse in my QT now, eats like a pig and my badge always shows .05, Salifert test does not show anything. I have not started TTM yet, and am going about 5 days between water changes in a 10g.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2592260
neiltus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ich, parasite, tank size, ttm