PDA

View Full Version : Apex ATO programming tweak required

Sloot
01/04/2014, 08:59 PM
Hoping someone can help me out
I think I have the basics correct but maybe the sequence is not correct
Does this look correct for my ATO pump?
This seemed to work for about 4 weeks but over Christmas I started getting some alarms ( outlet ATO-ON for more than 6 hours - triggering a alarm for potential stuck float switch)
Not sure if I have a programming issue or 15 seconds an hour suddenly cannot keep up. Maybe my pump is slowing down volume?

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Outlet ATO-ON = ON Then ON
OSC 000:00/000:15/059:45 Then ON
If Outlet ATO-OFF = ON Then OFF
If Outlet Sump-High = ON Then OFF
If Outlet Main-Pump = OFF Then OFF
If Outlet ATO-Low = ON Then OFF

I would appreciate any input

sanababit
01/05/2014, 10:42 AM
Need a little more info on what you would like to do, and explanation on what the names of the outlets are

Sana

dentnshell
01/05/2014, 10:44 AM
Looks like this is based on 15 seconds an hour, with float switches to make sure it doesn't over fill. I guess the ATO-ON and ATO-OFF are virtual outlets attached to a float switch. Probably just using Virtual Outlets so You can name the switch. BTW with the newer firmware you could just name the switches!

My guess is either a stuck switch, or during Christmas break you or your kids were home and the heater in your house was on more than normal. the effect of that was evaporating more water.

Just a guess, I would need more details.

Sloot
01/06/2014, 04:43 AM
Thanks for the replies
My sump has 4 float valves.
Lowest is virtual Outlet Sump Low -used to turn off main pump if sump ever gets this low. ( issue with ATO or major leak issue)
Next higher is virtual Outlet ATO-ON - this is meant to simply be the point when I want to turn on the pump for the ATO. There is a 5 min minimum time in this outlet to make sure switch is on. Also have the oscillate in there as secondary back up as I crash a previous tank with AtO kalk water running all night with a slow leak in my sump
Next higher is virtual Outlet ATO-OFF- basically a back up shut off just in case. Remember about the last crash? Redundancy is king in my tank
The highest float is virtual Outlet Sump-High- again another redundant off point for ATO but this switch is also used for other commands ie when main pump off one way valve lets a small amount of water back in sump but it should never flood this switch
I shut my main pump off during feeding so I do not want the ATO coming on during that period
The ATO bucket has a low switch and this is virtual Outlet ATO-Low which shuts off ATO pump to protect it from dry cycle. This switch would also send me a alarm to get off my butt and fill theATO.
Hope that is enough info.

sanababit
01/06/2014, 10:16 AM
Up the osc time se if that works, all this programming is basically to control a pump, maybe from all that turning on and off every 15 seconds may have burned it out, or just remove the osc statement, check pump too, maybe its stuck or gets stuck

Sana

Sloot
01/11/2014, 04:42 AM
I upped the oscilate time and that did the trick.
As suggested the heater in the house was coming on more frequently upping slightly the amount of evaporation I was getting.
I left the oscilate in the programming.......I dose kalkwasser and crashed my last tank when my sump sprang a slow leak at night and my ATO just kept pounding kalk into the tank.