PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Apex Users More Experienced than I

Bainreese
09/15/2014, 07:50 AM
I absolutely love this Apex controller. The tech and peace of mind it promises are just amazing. But in my first few weeks of using it I have several issues that I wonder if any of you can shed some light on.

#1. Connectivity - About 50% of the time I go to check my Apex from my iPhone or home PC(my tank is at my office), it shows disconnected and stays that way for sometimes half an hour or more. It gives me about 10 different options for why it may be happening. All related to my wires, router, or wifi. My controller is using an ethernet, not a wireless connection. And while the wires in the building are old, no other computer item has these kinds of connectivity issues. Any thoughts?

#2. Yesterday everything was showing connected but when I went to turn the pumps off via Fusion they remained on and seconds after I moved the switch to the off button it automatically moved back to the 'auto' setting by itself. That doesn't give me very good warm fuzzies. I'm thinking it could be related to #1 and connectivity but it was showing connected at that point and allowing me access.

#3. I really do love this thing. That needed its own point.

#4. I've contacted Neptune for a couple set up issues and they have been wonderful to deal with. I just didn't want to bother them again. LOL

Thanks in advance for any advice.

aleithol
09/15/2014, 08:59 AM
1 - Known issue and being worked. It varies dramatically from person-to-person and is not a consistent problem for many of us. Multiple threads on this subject over on Neptune Systems Community forums in THIS (http://forum.neptunesystems.com/forumdisplay.php?44-APEX-Fusion) subforum if you'd like to see some of the related symptoms and banter going on.

2 - Yes, likely in part related. See THIS POST (http://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?7792-Fusion-commands-not-working&p=51356&viewfull=1#post51356) I happened to make to another person earlier this morning on the same thing.

3 - Me too. I doubt I would have gotten back into the hobby without my Apex double checking me and keeping an eye out when I can't be.

4 - Support is great. Suggest you may want to head over to Neptune Systems Community (http://forum.neptunesystems.com/forum.php) forums. While this is here, since Neptune created that dedicated user-to-user forum, there are many more Apex folks hanging out there at all hours of the day, and you'll find some great subforms with great topics, ideas, code snippets and more.

kurt_n
09/15/2014, 09:18 AM
As far as the connectivity issues, and lag with Fusion, another option is to set up the Apex as you would have before Fusion came along. Instructions are in the Comprehensive Manual, and really are not that difficult if you have a bit of computer knowledge. I'm not bashing Fusion, but you still have the option of turning Fusion off and running the controller the old-fashioned way! I'm still in the dark ages of firmware 4.20 and happily living without Fusion... and haven't lost access to my controller in ages.

Again, not bashing Fusion, but setting it up "old-school" allows you the ability to switch between that method of connection and Fusion... depending on your situation.

diablo30xp
09/15/2014, 09:43 AM
try the Neptune section under forums there is a person or two or three that could possibly help u out