PDA

View Full Version : Apex & Twin Arc Bulbs Command Help

JohnV8r
09/23/2015, 10:41 PM
I recently purchased two Reefbrite Twin Arc 10K/20K MH bulbs. These MH bulbs run at 10K until they are switched off momentarily and then fire the 20K bulbs. If the bulbs are not fired within 5 minutes, they cool too much and do not fire the 20K bulbs.

Here is the programming on my Apex to accomplish the on/off/on cycle:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 16:30 to 17:30 Then ON
If Time 17:32 to 21:00 Then ON
If Temp > 81.0 Then OFF
Min Time 030:00 Then OFF

This is not getting the bulbs cycled appropriately under the auto command. Under this command string, the lights will not fire for exactly 30 minutes (based on what the output log in Fusion is showing). I set the "Min Time 030:00 Then Off" command to protect the bulbs from firing up if the water temperature got too high. That is creating a conflict that causes the Apex to keep the lights off for 30 minutes even though there is a conflicting command to turn the lights on after a two minute off time.

Is there a way to modify the command above so that if the temp goes above 81 degrees the lights stay off until the temp reaches 79 degrees rather than setting a minimum off time of 30 minutes?

BTW, the lights fire perfectly if I use the manual control to turn them on/off/on.

Thanks in advance.

bobbravo2
03/19/2016, 07:03 AM
I would create a virtual outlet named "LightsOverheat" that has a min time, and temperature parameters. I might suggest using a Defer statement(s) to keep hysteresis from rapid cycling the lights as well (instead of the min time).

Then in the halide, use an "if outlet LightsOverheat ON then OFF"