Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Aqua Digital Blog for all things we distribute
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

ProdiBio explained

Posted 03/28/2010 at 07:19 PM by AQD_ottawa

In this thread we will hopefully answer all your questions as to what this brand is and what it can do for you.

[B]Is prodiBio new?[/B]

[B]NO [/B]- the product range has been around for years, it just as of yet not been overly marketed in Canada, this is now set to change

[B]What is ProdiBio?[/B]

Well other than going to their website ( [url]www.prodibio.fr[/url]) to find out. PB is for those that want a nutrient reduction system without the hassle of daily dosing and reactors. The system is brain numbing simple to use. No daily dosing and each product comes in a one shot glass nitrogen sealed vial, just break the tips off put it in and your good to go for betwen 7 days and 15 days depending on the product. More info on the products will follow.

ProdiBio is a highly effective and respected nutrient system for reef tanks, it falls under the catagory of Low Nutrient Dosing working on the same theories as fauna Marina nd Zeo Vit. It also can be used selectively to obtain individual systems own goals, whether that be nutrient reduction of PO4 and Nitrates, starting up new tanks, adding essential fatty acids for coral colouration.

More to follow -
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 789198 Comments 42 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 42

Comments

1. New Comment
    Product range and how each one will help you.

The biggest product is the Bio Kit reef, this is an all in one box reef nutrient system. each product is broken down as below.

Bio Digest.

A full explanation can be found here
    http://www.prodibio.fr/anglais/biodigest.htm

Description -
    The best way to describe these is to liken them to already know products. Bio Digest is the Ultra Bio of Fauna marin, but with a difference, and this is what makes the product range so easy to use.

Bio Digest is dosed every 15 days NOT every day or every other day! The glass vial is sealed and the product can not go off, but must be used in one go. The vial contains bacterial strains that work off of one another keeping the dosage alive for the 15 day period.

Use -
    For lowering nutrients in your system and or maintaining a low nutrient reef system.

BioPTim
    http://www.prodibio.fr/anglais/bioptim.htm

BioPTim is the Ultra Bak in the Fauna Marin range, but again, there is no daily dosing here just dosed every 15 days. BioPTim is the food source for the bacterial strain and aids in the nutrient reduction.

Use
    Nutrient reduction and improvement of water clarity when used with Bio Digest. (The two must be used together)

Reef Booster.
    http://www.prodibio.fr/anglais/reefbooster.htm

Reef Booster is a VERY powerful coral and system food, just like Fauna Marin Ultra Min-S but far more powerful and as such is dosed weekly and only after 6 weeks of dosing Bio Digest and BioPTim, it must be used in nutrient poor systems. It is this product that will bring to life your corals colours.

Uses
    In low nutrient systems only, for coral food colouration and feed of all rock inhabitants.
  2. New Comment
    Questions?

Q - The dosing says every 15 days for up to 1,000 litres for Bio Digest and BioPTim, but my system is less than this, do i only dose part and store?

A - No, it is impossible to overdose these products, use the whole vial and just increase your dosing regime to 20 days.

Q - Reef booster says dose every 7 days for a 400L system, my system is half this size.

A - Two choices, dose half the vial or increase the time span to 10-14 days.

Q - My system has hgh nutrients should I use Reef Booster?

A - NO use Bio Digest and BioPtim first to remove the nutrients otherwise you are just feeding them. Remember Reef Booster is for established systems with nutrients under control or already using a Low nutrient system.

Q - I already use other LNS products like zeo aor FM, can I mix and match?

A - Yes - many users choose what works best for them from each range, for example if you do not wish to dose bio additives daily and dont want to have a zeo reactor then use Bio Digest and BioPTim, but like dosing your own aminos daily, then use in conjunction Fauna Marin Min-s but the Min-s would have to be dosed a few times a week unlike ReefBooster. For this reason we recommend Reef Booster.
  3. New Comment
    I have a 120 mixed reef tank I have problems with nitrates something that for two years I have struggled with. I have increased my flow so I do not have a green hair algae problems anymore. Would Bio Digest and BioPTim work for me? I have been following your build thread and just found this blog perfect for me so I can get up to speed on how all of this works. thanks again
  4. New Comment
    Hi,

Welcome to my bog, i am pleased to hear it is useful info.

I am not sure of your size system, so go on product rather than dosing your specific tank, although given this information i can help with that also.

Bio Digest is a very powerful bacterial supplement, that is full of strains of bacteria that work as a team, each strain continuing the work of the last one, just like a chain effect.

Bio Digest will reduce the negative nutrients such as PO4 and Nitrates.

You can read more about it here
    http://www.prodibio.fr/anglais/biodigest.htm

BioPTim is the food source for Bio Digest to keep things simple. the two products work together in doing so creating a low nutrient system.

Dosing is as follows
    Every 15days add 1 vial of Bio Digest and 1 vial of BioPTim for 6 weeks or until nutirent levels have dropped. Until you have reached a PO4 of less than .05 keep phosphate remover working. After this the Prodibio will do the rest.

Here is a link to BioPTim
    http://www.prodibio.fr/anglais/bioptim.htm

If you have any questions just let me know.
  5. New Comment
    Sorry it is a 120 gallon tank Thanks for the quick reply. One of the things I like about this blog and build thread is a side bar for learning about how supplements and additives work together. It is hard to ask a good question if you don't have a basic knowledge of what you want to accomplish. So this is a good starting point. Regards
  6. New Comment
    Hiya

So 120 gallons converted to European, we are working with 464L.
    So taking into account displacement you can work the dosing out on 400L

Based on heavy stocking of SPS

every 15 days -
    1 vial of Bio Digest
    1 vial of BioPTim

IF and only if you have very low nutirents you can then dose

1 vial of Reefboster once a week, HOWEVER this is very strong and concentrated, and I would go with caution make sure your nutirents ar elow, no algal issues etc etc then dose this.

if you have algae then do not dose reef Booster until this is under control.

If you have light stocking of SPS the bio dosings stay the same the stocking level is only effected by the dosing of Reef Booster
  7. New Comment
    Thanks again
  8. New Comment
    I have transferred my tank into the garage for a family room scrape and paint and now I will put the tank back in the family room on its new stand. Question is their anything to worry about when adding new sand and old sand that has been in a bucket for a week. Second I will try to glue my rock in place this time to make it look nicer. Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
  9. New Comment
    if the old sand carries any detritus then this could have gone bad, I would suggest throughly washing the old sand first to avoid any ammonia or nitrite spikes
  10. New Comment
    Thanks for the quick reply should I wash it in freshwater? Thanks again
  11. New Comment
    Yep just fresh water and drain well
  12. New Comment
    Thanks that's what I did. Dark gray and stinky. I got the sand and some of the rock back in. Thanks again
  13. New Comment
    I am using Prodibio in my reef aquarium and is very impressed. I am using NSW (natural sea water) for water changes and is very worried about the bacteria in the water. What can you recommend in treating the water if neccessary at all or will Biodigest get rid of all the bad bacteria?
  14. New Comment
    Hi

I would ozone treat any NSW prior to putting in a reef system, it is not just bacteria you need to worry about its also any pathogen, put an air stone with a water pump in the NSW container and leave running for an hour, in a very well ventilated area. After treatment leave for 24 hours for the ORP to reduce back down with the pump only running.
  15. New Comment
    Thank you so much for your quick response.
  16. New Comment
    I have a 1000l system so would I dose 5 vials of Bio Clean every 15 days?. Would using Microbe Lift Special Blend have any adverse affect with the Bio Clean?
  17. New Comment
    Hi

I would not mix and match other bio sources with prodibio you could deplete your nutrients too low.

You cna use other amino additives from the zeovit range this is a proven positive method.
  18. New Comment
    Thanks
  19. New Comment
    hi
    so just to make sure..prodibio will lower po4 and no3 and ad to the bacterial strains in the system...i don’t run a skimmer or any other gadget only a trigal filter in the overflow compartment with nitrate spunch in the retune chamber..the tank is 315l with mixed reef and fish..i don’t do regular water changes. the system been going 15years now, can i use this product one vale of each every 20 days...? will it deplete the nutrients that feed the corals as well? Corals are mostly soft corals some sps and lps..and a bta...8 fish
  20. New Comment
    Yep thats it in a nut shell