Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquatronica
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05/05/2012, 07:18 AM   #1
oivind
Registered Member

Aquatronica ACQ001 firmware 5.0 upgrade

Is there anyone that has the old 5.0 or 5.1 firmware files for the ACQ001 main unit and are able to send me these files? Files are not available from Aquatronica website any more.

I need to downgrade my unit, because the unit is not working with firmware 6.1+. Most of the old accessories that I have seems not to be supported by newer firmware so I really need to downgrade my main unit to to old firmware when everything worked fine.

oivind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/07/2012, 02:22 AM   #2
AQT
Registered Member

hi oivind, as far as I know you're in contact with Massimo from our technical support! Hi sent you the old firmware and you're discussing also how to solve the issue with the version 6.1 because it's very strange this doesn't work with an old controller.
Davide

AQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/07/2012, 09:41 AM   #3
oivind
Registered Member

Yes, I received an email from Massimo today that is correct (got the 5.0 firmware file). I'm in contact with him and are hoping that he is able to solve my issue as the old firmware did not solve my problem.

My problem is that the ph and redox probes stopped working after upgrading the ACQ001 Control Unit firmware to 6.1+. I'm currently running firmware 8.0. Downgrade to firmware 5.0 did not solve my problem, just for your information.

The pH and redox probes is currently read as temperature sensors by the Control Unit.

Is this a common problem? Is there any solution how to resolve this myself?

This is my complete setup:
1x ACQ001 Controller Unit (currently running firmware 8.0)
1x ACQ220 PC interface
1x ACQ210-D Density Interface
2x ACQ210-TL Temperature and Level Interfaca (1. fw4.0 hw2, 2. fw3.0 hw0)
3x ACQ210-PH Ph Interface (1. fw6.0 hw2, 2. fw6.0 hw2, 3. fw4.0 hw 2)
1x ACQ210-RX Redox Interface (fw4.0 hw 2)
3x power units

oivind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/07/2012, 10:12 AM   #4
AQT
Registered Member

well, please, stay in contact with Massimo and write him the same info you wrote me here in the forum. I'm sure you will find the solution with Massimo.
Thanks
Davide

AQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/07/2012, 06:45 PM   #5
RobbyG
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oivind View Post
Yes, I received an email from Massimo today that is correct (got the 5.0 firmware file). I'm in contact with him and are hoping that he is able to solve my issue as the old firmware did not solve my problem.

My problem is that the ph and redox probes stopped working after upgrading the ACQ001 Control Unit firmware to 6.1+. I'm currently running firmware 8.0. Downgrade to firmware 5.0 did not solve my problem, just for your information.

The pH and redox probes is currently read as temperature sensors by the Control Unit.

Is this a common problem? Is there any solution how to resolve this myself?

This is my complete setup:
1x ACQ001 Controller Unit (currently running firmware 8.0)

1x ACQ220 PC interface
1x ACQ210-D Density Interface
2x ACQ210-TL Temperature and Level Interfaca (1. fw4.0 hw2, 2. fw3.0 hw0)
3x ACQ210-PH Ph Interface (1. fw6.0 hw2, 2. fw6.0 hw2, 3. fw4.0 hw 2)
1x ACQ210-RX Redox Interface (fw4.0 hw 2)
3x power units

Did you try to just disconnect the Redox and pH probes then when the controller asks if you want to delete them just delete them and then replug them back in and see if it detects them correctly? (The problem is not common, I ran into it once but I removed the probe from memeory and redetected it and all was fine)

Current Tank Info: Insanely Automated Low Power Consumption 90 Gal Oceanic Bow System/Aquatronica Controller/AQ Dosing Pump/AQ Ethernet/AQ SMS/Seq Dart Pump/ASM G3/T5 Lights/Ozotech Ozonizer/Koralin 1502/Chiller/Typhoon3 Ro/S.Squirt /Phos React/Rmt DSB
RobbyG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acq001, aquatronica, firmware