Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/30/2008, 06:49 PM   #1
McNeal
Registered Member

sand dollar

ok before you tell me all the no no's let me tell you that this is in a qt. went to the beach and got a sand dollars and clams yes they are alive and i would like to keep them that way, could you please tell me what to feed them and could they ever go in the main tank. if so how long will they need to stay in the qt. my granddaughter had a blast finding them would like to keep them alive. many thanks for any help

Current Tank Info: reef tank 100 gals
McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/30/2008, 07:00 PM   #2
kau_cinta_ku
Moved On

no offence but sand dollars are sand sifters and will eat everything live in your sand in a matter of weeks, after that they will starve to death. no one knows any prepared foods for them to keep them alive. the same will go with the clams if they are the sand type clams.

kau_cinta_ku is offline   Reply With Quote