Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/13/2012, 10:39 PM   #1
foneman02
Registered Member

Question aqua ionizer

Has anyone heard of this equipment. On their web site they claim it will eliminate the need for a protein skimmer and nitrate remover. They also boast a 180 day refund. There was an article in mfm magazine written by their moderator Bob Gomans.I used to get their mag he was legit. unit utilizes magnetic fields to seperate nitrate and other compounds from water molecules. very inexpensive.

foneman02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/13/2012, 11:29 PM   #2
moondoggy4
Registered Member

Welcome to Reef Central I would pass on that thing. What size tank do you have? What kinda of equipment do you have? What do you want to do?

moondoggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/14/2012, 12:23 AM   #3
dzhuo
Registered Member

I am pretty sure you mean the Eco-Aqualizer: Eco-Aqualizer (may fama article)

I don't know what's more amazing: This company still around or people actually believe this crap does anything.

You are not one of their marketing guys trying to promote this product with your first post to RC. Are you?

(Just kidding)

Unread 02/14/2012, 12:58 AM   #4
tkeracer619
Registered Member

Its a pvc pipe with magnets in it. How do magnets separate nitrate? Just another stupid product designed to rip people off by advertising baseless claims.

tkeracer619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/14/2012, 02:04 AM   #5
Reefnut2010
Registered Member

I was a sucker and bought one of these things and it did absolutely nothing. it's still connected to remind me not to be so gullible in the future !!

Reefnut2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/14/2012, 07:17 PM   #6
foneman02
Registered Member

thanks guys for returning my post.I'm looking to get a cone skimmer and a nitrate reactor when I came across this ionizer. Just wanted to get a feel from other members who might of purchased this product. this is the best place to find out. I will stay away from this unit and go about getting a skimmer and reactor.thanks again

Last edited by foneman02; 02/14/2012 at 07:24 PM.
foneman02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/14/2012, 09:06 PM   #7
Buzz1329
Premium Member

Thanks dzhou for the link to one of funniest RC threads ever.

The product website is a hoot too. Did you know that the amazing Aqua Ionizer ionizes all those pesky aquarium problems? Like water changes, disease, green algae, and, yes, even stress!

Plus, it "eliminate the accumulation of toxicities at the deep-down molecular level," which IMO is the best place to nuke toxicities. And all for only $48 to $105. That's "pennies a day," folks, "pennies a day!"

So BE DIALING, people, because when I last checked the site's sale countdown clock was at "9 hr 32 min 46 sec."

Still on the fence? Well, just read the linked product review by a "National Product Reviewer" and "third party aquarium enthusiast" who gave it a big thumbs up in 2003.

But wait a second. The linked "article" refers to the product by its current name, and not as the "Eco-Aqualizer," which was the name used in the original article. And both the linked and the original article tout the product's amazing magnetic and light "technology" without any mention of the ionization process that the current product supposedly uses. . . .

But what does it matter when you're paying pennies a day for all the deep-down molecular-level action you can shake a stick at! So buy one NOW or I'll shoot this fish.

Buzz1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/14/2012, 09:07 PM   #8
Buzz1329
Premium Member

Thanks dzhou for the link to one of funniest RC threads ever.

The product website is a hoot too. Did you know that the amazing Aqua Ionizer ionizes all those pesky aquarium problems? Like water changes, disease, green algae, and, yes, even stress!

Plus, it "eliminate the accumulation of toxicities at the deep-down molecular level," which IMO is the best place to nuke toxicities. And all for only $48 to $105. That's "pennies a day," folks, "pennies a day!"

So BE DIALING, people, because when I last checked the site's sale countdown clock was at "9 hr 32 min 46 sec."

Still on the fence? Well, just read the linked product review by a "National Product Reviewer" and "third party aquarium enthusiast" who gave it a big thumbs up in 2003.

But wait a second. The linked "article" refers to the product by its current name, and not as the "Eco-Aqualizer," which was the name used in the original article. And both the linked and the original article tout the product's amazing magnetic and light "technology" without any mention of the ionization process that the current product supposedly uses. . . .

But what does it matter when you're paying pennies a day for all the deep-down molecular-level action you can shake a stick at! So buy one NOW or I'll shoot this fish.

Buzz1329 is offline   Reply With Quote